We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our expanding team.
Not only are we a net-zero consultancy service, but we also help businesses switch utilities suppliers. Whether our clients are looking to save money on their business energy or start their net-zero journey, Tariff.com are here to help our customers every step of the way.
With our energy consultant advice and support, we help our customers get the best value from their energy contracts, reducing their energy consumption, minimising their carbon footprint and ensuring their bills are right.
We will examine our customers current tariff and analyse their bills. We’ll then use this data to see if they could be getting better deals elsewhere, whether that’s on price, customer service or perks.
Business Development Manager
Up to £40,000 per year
50 Athol Street, Douglas, Isle of Man
The BDM plays a critical role in Tariff.com achieving its Strategic and Financial Goals.
As a BDM, you will be responsible for generating new sales for the company including additional contractual business and sales in energy consultancy services. The BDM needs to work on four levels, ensuring that all of the activities are engaged at the same time in order to achieve positive results:
- Actively seek and bid on business opportunities in both the public and private sector within the UK.
- Generate and develop longer term prospects in an active pipeline for target markets, which will lead to eventual quotation opportunities.
- Self-generate and convert tender opportunities.
- Nurture and convert inbound generated sales opportunities.
The key activities and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets.
- Create a sales pipeline.
- Seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation for prospective customers.
- Negotiate pricing with customers, and suppliers where required.
- Promote organic growth to the business revenue through new sales.
- Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present to senior management/the board of directors.
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers.
- Foster and develop relationships with existing customers/clients to enhance customer retention.
- Set aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business sales strategy.
- Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing team.
- Attend industry seminars, conferences and events where appropriate.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and changes in the business world.
- Set personal goals and achieve Key Performance Indicators.
- Manage and prioritise personal new business sales pipeline and opportunities.
- Suggest and implement growth strategies.
- Engage in projects across the business and identify any valuable Account Development solutions.
- Develop a network of UK clients and contacts for Customer referrals.
- Introduce Tariff.com to existing group customers.
The person specification, skills, knowledge and competencies required for the role are as follows:
- Proactive engagement with energy partners to ensure business objectives are met.
- Advanced Excel and Client Relationship Management systems user.
- Commercially minded, calm under pressure, assertive, confident, enjoys constructive challenges, debate and competition.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Demonstrable track record in business development.
- Strong problem solving and ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity and dependability.
- Strong ability to make and implement crucial recommendations.
- Results and solutions focused with a growth mindset.
To apply for this role, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org